Question: What’s the gig on SEO Submission services. Do they work? Is it worth the money? I don’t have a lot to spend so any advice you can give is much apprech.
Answer: Thanks for the question. The answer to this question is complex. Big sigh…. where do I start.
If you are on a limited budget know that generally speaking a lot of the automated SEO Submission sites are over-rated.
We’ve tested a number of them, tracked traffic and referral links and on our test of 100 sites we noticed no significant traceable difference in traffic over a 30 day, 90 day, and 6 month data analysis. We did notice a very small, referral link increase of about 2% on average.
Using some of these low cost submission sites are not likely to hurt you but they won’t help you significantly either.
If you want to use them, don’t spend more then a modest amount of money each month. And monthly submission is better than one time submission, as indexes, search engines, and directory sites are constantly changing how they index and rank sites.
If I were to suggest one low cost option it would be http://www.SEOOptimizerPro.com get a free 30 day trial. If you like the results you get, upgrade to the paid membership, if not it hasn’t cost you anything.
Now, if you are a Do It Yourselfer and have the patience and time to implement your own strategies to increase your site ranking here are some things that will help you get started. Don’t expect instant results though, this method takes a lot of time and consistent effort but it won’t cost you anything.
1. Start a niche blog. If your business, or site is very specific, start a domain name based blog of your own. NOT A FREE BLOG. Get your own so you are promoting yourself, and you are not vulnerable to the free services when they decide to just shut your blog down one day for no reason. On your blog, use key words in your titles, and in your blog content. Make sure everything on your blog is related to your niche. Stay on topic. Make a list of what your keywords are for what you are offering. Don’t overdo it with your key words but know what words are key to people finding you and integrate them logically into your content. Post often. Every day if you can. Hint. Turn commenting off on your blog or you will be overridden by bots and they will eventually crash your blog.
2. Get a Google + account and set up a collection or profile for your site/niche/topic. Post content on a regular basis related to your niche, your site, your business. Use your established key words in your content and in really good descriptive titles. Google+ posts get indexed often within hours so you will see results more quickly here. Be an unabashed self promoter. Include pictures, links, keep it on topic, use your key words.
3. Get a Facebook Business Page, and Fan Page. Again, integrate your key words, stay on topic, make the pages public. Include your link on all your other postings you do.
4. If you don’t have a Twitter account get one. Tweet your postings, include your keywords and your URL (site address)
5. Get a LINKEDIN account, set up a group. Title it something to do with your niche market. Invite people to join your group. Post to it often, again use your keywords, stay on topic.
Now…. if you don’t have time for all of that, then you have the option to hire an SEO expert. The only SEO experts I would recommend are those that do your SEO for you by hand. That’s right they do the kinds of things I have outlined about for you. THEY identify your key words, your target market, and then they manually set up those kinds of social media accounts for you and do your postings. Hire someone who can prove to you the results they have got for their clients. For this service be prepared to pay more money. Most often it is a monthly fee, and they do so many posts monthly to keep your accounts active and your content fresh and new which is like honey to attract search engines. Hint: You can often find SEO experts who will do this kind of work in countries like China and Indonesia at a reasonable cost. Just be sure to get a portfolio of clients and ask for proof of results. Be wary of services that charge you a fee to get you 1,000 likes, or 5,000 followers etc, that’s a red flag!
I will stop there as there is a lot more to say about SEO but it can be very long winded and confusing for new marketers. I don’t want to discourage you I just want you have a basic understating about SEO and awareness that it’s not easy to get high ranking and it is ever changing.
I hope this helps.
—-> Sandi Hunter is the President of Worldprofit Inc. If you are reading this and not yet a Worldprofit member, you’re missing out on valuable training to help you learn how to earn at home from reputable online sources. Worldprofit provides training, resources, software and support for people who want to learn how to earn at home from reputable online sources. Find out why for over 20 years now Worldprofit has been the # 1 popular choice for online home business training. Join over two million people worldwide who trust Worldprofit for online training and support at http://www.worldprofitassociates.com